Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I did my civil duty....

and still managed to make it to my office meeting at 8:30. Yay me. We got in line about 6:15 and walked out at 7:30. Not too shabby. I was all set to go and enjoy a free meal at Shane's Rib Shack (courtesy of my Georgia voter sticker) until my husband informed me that it was a felony. A felony for the giver and the recipient. Leave it to attorneys to take joy out of a free chicken finger plate. I guess I had better come up with something else for dinner. So much for being a good, but hungry, voter. I really might have to risk the felony conviction and go to Starbucks for my free coffee considering I was up at the crack of dawn.

So, big news around our house is that Parker learned to ride his bike without training wheels this past weekend. He took off. He was a natural. He only crashed once. I was of course in tears at the sheer fact that my baby isn't a baby anymore. He is a tall, self-sufficient, bike riding BOY. My how five and a half years has flown by.

This weekend is the Fall Festival at Parker's school. I am trying to get all of my projects wrapped up for my table. I am getting excited. I know I need to post pictures. I am going to take plenty of photos. Augh.... the picture taking isn't my problem. It is the getting them on the computer that takes me so long. I have to get better with that.

Well, happy election day/ If you haven't already done so, get out there and vote.

1 comments:

Angie said...

Hooray for Parker! I can't believe what a big boy he is already.

And, I hope you got the Starbucks you wanted (and Krispy Kreme, and Ben and Jerry's, etc) because it's not a felony after they all changed their rules to comply. More details here: http://members.nowpublic.com/world/election-day-freebies-could-be-felony-offense

It's only 7:30 - you still have time to cash in! :)