Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sweet niblets...

Can I just say that Life is Good? Really good. No particular reason.... just relishing in the fact that despite a bad economy, job layoffs, a crazy presidential election, falling stocks...... life is still really good. I have a happy and healthy (despite the little stomach bug) family that I love with all my heart. Despite all of the busyness, things are good. I guess it is good to be busy. It means you have a purpose. Either shuttling kids to places, going to the dr, fulfilling obligations with friends- you still have a purpose. It is nice to think about.
**insert smiling faces, rainbows, happy flowers various other cheesy happy stuff**

A few weeks ago, while standing in the pew at Veronica's wedding, I got to thinking. I promise I was paying attention but I was also trying my damndest not to cry. So, I got to thinking. Each girl in our circle has such different qualities. Some are those that are completely expected. I, for one, always cry. I can't hold back the tears. Ask Angie about her wedding.... and the massive amounts of tears that were shed. From me. All from me. Yeah, that was a memory.
Anne- she is the sweet one. The princess. Pink clouds and happy rainbows used to gather in her room in college. I hardly ever saw her unhappy and no matter what she always had that upbeat happy voice. And the tiara. She always wore her tiara. And the one thing that I love most about her is that she ends every phone call with "Love you". She makes me feel special every single time I talk to her on the phone.
Angie- is the athletic one. And the crazy one. She can make up dances like its no ones business. She can do cheerleading jumps in the middle of a Wal Mart at 2 am. She can also belt out a Barbra Streisand tune at the drop of a hat. She was my big sister in my sorority and is the closest thing that I have to a sister here on earth.
Veronica- my latino bud. I haven't told her this but I never would have guessed her to be of hispanic descent (please don't kill me if I got that wrong V) when I met her. She even kinda had a southern accent. But seeing her in her element, in Miami, was so very wonderful and funny at the same time. Never in my life have I heard an accent like that come out of such a sweet pretty girl. She can bless you up and down in spanish and turn around and smile with such a sweet innocent face. I know that if any man ever did anything to any of us girls, she would seriously kick their arse. I would be very afraid of her if she wasn't my friend. Love you V!
Shannon- I think I had to tell someone who was sitting at our table at V's wedding that we were afraid she might have Turrett's Syndrome. That girl will say anything that comes to her mind. She is so funny and animated. She also has two of the most adorable children. I swear that Luke can say anything and be adorable with that southern drawl. If you need insurance she is the one to call. Her picture is about to be all over Atlanta so it will be fun to see her on a billboard and be able to say "Hey, that girl is my friend".

It is just a funny thought how such different personalities came to be friends. These friends give you purpose. I, myself, think that I am mughty lucky that thses girls not only like me, they love me. For who I am. For the crazy qualities I possess. Just as I do for them.

It goes without saying that my husband and son give me purpose. They give me a reason to get up every morning. They give me a reason to breathe, to dream, to believe, to think, and to cherish. I have a wonderful extended family as well. They love me no matter what. Life is good. And I am so glad that I am at a place in my life where I can say that. Whew- what a ride.

0 comments: