Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tough it out Tuesday

So, the crud has officially invaded my body. I am the walking epitome of that old Nyquil commercial (Sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, runny nose, etc.) I am convinced that dayquil is just orange jello in a little gel cap. It doesn't do a thing for me. Oh well. I gotta remember to bring a can of lysol to work tomorrow to disinfect the stinking cubicle I am in.

So, with the election quickly descending upon us, I have found some fun in the situation. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate debating politics and religion. I just don't do it. My take is that I like anyone who enjoys cupcakes and long walks in the park. No confrontation or debate on that one since I avoid confrontation at all costs. Anyways, I digress. Driving around town, I see this everywhere. Here in GA, more specifically right down the street from our house, there is apparently a guy named Mike Jacobs running for State Representative. His district ends just a few blocks from our house. I keep seeing the signs. Everytime I see them I can't help but crack up. I love it. As soon as Election day comes and goes, I am going to rip one down and permanently put it in our yard. Just to make me smile on a daily basis. To make matters worse, Mike has been getting calls concerning land disputes and zoning issues. I guess they get his number off the GA bar website. Hardy har har.

Another funny political moment came last night when Parker saw that one of his friends houses had an Obama/Biden sign in their yard. The poor little guy came home last night and asked if they could still be friends. Poor little guy. I had to explain to him that we are friends with people of every belief. Just because we may not all agree does not mean that we can't be friends. I am constantly reminded of how different the world must look through the eyes of a child. Oh I wish I could be that innocent and sweet again....

0 comments: