Friday, September 26, 2008

Blah, blah blogger

Well, the good news is that there is nothing wrong with my ears. The bad news is that there is nothing wrong with my ears. No one knows what is going on. This guy said he thinks that it is TMJ and put me on oxycontin and a high dosage anti-inflammatory. I told Dody, my stepmom, last night that I feel like I am on an episode of Intervention on A&E. Oxycontin? That stuff is strong. Or it is supposed to be. I took one as soon as I got home from the dr. Two hours later I was still awake and still in pain and noticed that the label on the bottle said "Take 1-2 pills for pain" A-Ha! I took another. And then drifted off into never never land. But only for a few hours. I was up at 2 eating a small thing of easy mac before taking another pill. I slept like a baby.
So, I had a few chest pains this morning and called the dr. The nurse said "Don't take anymore until you hear from us again". Well, duh. They just called me back to tell me to follow up with my primary care dr. The pain has stopped so I will wait. This is all such a complete pain in the ass. I hate to use bad words but after being in pain for a month I just can't help it.
There is hope though. The main thing getting me through the day is the hope that I may just get some corn pudding and mac and cheese at SmokeJack up in Alpharetta. Yum-o!
On another note Parker got his first progress report yesterday. I may as well have been reading a foreign language. There were all kinds of abbreviations and codes. What happened to a, b, c, d, f? Or the other stupis system they used in middle school e, i, u? Something like that. When did it get all complicated. It is KINDERGARTEN for pete's sake. I sent the gibberish over to Dody for help in translating it all. She's good like that. She can make sense of it all and tell me a) everything is fine or b) we need to get some help. Love it.
Parker is otherwise doing well. He was telling Mike and I a story about a girl named Kayla that sits at his table at school. He said "Kayla keeps rupting me when I am trying to work. I tell her to stop but she is always rupting all of us." I finally figured out that he was trying to say interrupting. It was so cute.
Lastly, I want to share with you something that i found to be really cool. Last night, I had just left the dr and was crying from all of the frustration of being in pain, not getting pain relief, and being referred to yet another dr. Just utter frustration. So, I am driving along crying and my phone rings. It's Angie, my bestest friend. I answer while trying my best to sound chipper, but she knows me well enough to know that something was wrong. Well, the tears started flowing again and I just couldn't hold myself back. She said "Wow, that was exactly what I was calling you about-- to see how you were feeling." It was crazy weird, but very comforting. I believe that God moved her to call me and He knew that the timing was perfect. Her voice and just the comfort of knowing what wonderful, caring friends I have, made me feel so much better. I even got a picture of her and Patrick later on and it made me smile. Thanks Ang for all that you are and all that you do. You are the best big sister in the world. (And no matter how many years have passed since we were in college and walked those AGD halls, I will always call you my big sister). God bless you.

1 comments:

Angie said...

Love you my only sister with red hair!!!