Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm back....

And more refreshed. Did I go somewhere you say? No, I just journeyed to the land of contentment over the weekend. I have been in a really bad frame of mind for the last few weeks due to the craziness that has ensued around me. Grandma sick, Ex lost his job, got call from school re. Parker's behavior, speeding ticket, fall over the dishwasher, Mike's job not exactly panning out the way we had planned, the possibility of me having to work next year (which is totally fine). Each one of these things is completely doable. ONE AT A ONE TIME. But, when they are all lumped together in a span of three weeks, it was about to put sweet little ole me over the edge. Until this weekend.
Parker was at the Ex's house and for once Mike and I had ZERO plans. It was bliss. I got to get up when I wanted, take a nap when I wanted, scrap when I wanted... It was exactly what I needed. I awoke this morning with a completely reformed attitude and feel so much more at ease. YAY! Mike and I went out to a nice dinner on Friday night and came home and watched a movie. Saturday morning, I went thrift store shopping and MIke went to lunch with a friend and then to Starbucks to read. Sunday was chore day and take long nap day. I had a great time. I also got the Wii hooked up to the internet and downloaded Mario Cart for Parker and I to play. All in all, it was a great weekend.
I did watch the video music awards last night and a funny thought crossed my mind. I realized that I was looking at Britney Spears and Christine Aguilera thinking, "Man they look good after having babies". Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. These are the girls whose music was the soundtrack of my college years. They had babies. These girls that were young when I was in college are now mothers....just like me. Man, I really am getting older. Watching some of the rappers and younger artists, I realized that I am now in a different generation than these 14-15 year olds who love the Jonas Brothers. I didn't even know who half of the folks were. Alas, these days are flying by and we are aging. Its a good thing but small daily events remind me of that more and more.
Parker had a great morning this morning and I am eager to see how school is today. If he gets 5 smiley faces from his teacher he gets to play the Wii.
Tonight for dinner we are having Walnut Pesto Chicken and Linguine. We are hooked on this Dinner a Fare thing. I am placing another order this week. It works for us and I am so glad to have found a way to put a nice healthy meal on the table for my boys. Eating good and exercising are helping a great deal as far as mood goes.
Well, I am glad to be back from the crappy dark side and look forward start bringing more fun stuff to this blog.
Have a great one folks. Smile!

0 comments: