Tuesday, September 23, 2008

With this ring, I thee wed


On March 22, 2005, I went on a date with a guy off of the internet. Internet???? Um yeah- people thought I was crazy. I remember having the biggest butterflies in my stomach that whole day and I had never gotten butterflies before a date. Maybe that was God's way of telling me something big was gonna happen.
So, I met this guy at a hip little restaurant. We had a great dinner and I proceeded to rant and rave about the Lacy Peterson case (I am still not quite sure how that came up in a dinner conversation) and what a jerk Scott Peterson was. We went to the movies afterwards and saw the oscar winning flick "The Pacifier". Hey, it was the only movie showing and we weren't ready for the date to end. I was bold enough to invite him on date number 2 that same night. He agreed and even offered to drive way up to Gwinnett County to pick me up. Again, people thought I was crazy to let this internet date come to my house and -gasp- know where I lived. But I did. After the date he dropped me off and offered to help me stuff easter eggs since it was Easter the next day (I knew then what a great guy this dude was). I got bold and gave him the first kiss as he left.
Our relationship budded quickly from there and the next nine months went by at warp speed. Sure there were some ups and downs, but most of the time I felt like I was floating on a cloud. I had never been so happy before. On December 24, he proposed.
We spent the next 9 months planning a wonderful wedding that I will never forget for as long as I live. On September 23, 2006, I promised to love that man for as long as we both shall live. Two years later, I love him even more than I did on that day. I think that the ups and downs have made us stronger. I love him more each day and cannot imagine how much more I will love him in the future. He is my partner, my best friend, my guardian, and the keeper of my heart. Mikey Poo, Thank you for loving me so unselfishly and so perfectly. You are my best friend and I have no idea where Parker and I would be had you never come into our lives.
I later found out that Mike thought that Scott Peterson was innocent (don't even get me started on that one) but he let me rant and rave on that first date because he knew I was the girl he was going to marry. I guess he thought that he would have plenty of time to change my mind (he still hasn't). One time he admitted to me that he fell for me at first sight. He thought that, since I had big boobs and was pretty, that if I had at least half a brain when I spoke, he knew he would marry me. Awwww, how sweet. Well, I love him just the same and I think he is the sexiest and smartest man I have ever met.
I made a little something for him this morning. The two year gift is cotton, so I made this little thing. I am going to get a frame and mount it somewhere in the house. It is a bit wrinkled (I didn't get to iron it) but it was made with love. See the little AJ heart MJ and the trunk. I hand stitched that. There are many imperfections, just like each of us have, but I think it is cute.

Well, anyways Mikey, I know you will read this since I bug you about it all the time. I love you with all my heart and all that other mushy stuff. Thank you for being my bug catcher, my starbucks frappucino getter, my calm in the midst of the storm, the peacemaker when Parker and I butt heads, quite simply.......my everything. Happy Anniversary baby.

0 comments: