Thursday, September 18, 2008

When I grow up...

What would I like to be? When I was five, I wanted to be the first female president. Ha! That thought makes me laugh now. When I was 10, I wanted to be an OBGYN. When I was 15, I swore I was going to be a wedding planner. When I was 20, I wanted to be a teacher, a nurse, an interior decorator, and then a business girl (all in the same year!). At 25, I thought that being a paralegal was a pretty cool thing. Now at almost 30, I am a bit jaded. All I deal with are greedy plaintiffs who want lots of money for hardly any injuries. The attorneys in this field buddy up to the clients who give them 40% of whatever settlement that they receive and then have nothing to do with them. The paralegals prepare all the work and get zero credit for it. I want more than that. But what I want- now that is another question. The answer to that remains a mystery.
For those of you that know me, I am a creative person. I do artsy stuff. Last time I checked, artsy stuff does not bring in the moolah. You spend more moolah to make it than to sell it. But, there has to be something else. Something to be passionate about. Seriously, I would love to work at Joann Fabrics and cut fabric all day long. I seriously doubt you wake up int he middle of the night wondering if you cut a piece of fabric wrong or forgot to order cardstock or acrylic paints. But again, Joann's probably pays minimum wage and you have to work weekends. Nope, sorry. Augh!
I am at a crossroads where I do not know which way to go. Mike and I are going to discuss options tonight. I am really racking my brain to try and figure out what it is I want out of this life. I better hurry up, lord knows I am not getting any younger.

0 comments: