Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ooooh la la


After my month of drama I decided to treat myself to an online class. And, if you know me, you know my love of all things CUPCAKE. So, I start a class called Cupcakes & Coffee on Monday. It is being taught by the fabulous Wilna Furstenburg through Scrap in Style tv. I am so excited. Upon signing up for the class I got to order a specialty kit designed specifically for the class and it is called "Social Butterfly". Between cupcakes and the "social butterfly" aspect- this class sounds perfect for me. There is an ongoing chat on the classroom blog and it is so cool that there are women from Amsterdam, South Africa, Canada, and the US. We are all able to discuss random stuff so freely. I find it very cool how scrapbooking can bring people from all walks of life together through a common thread. We have been told in our preclass instructions that we need to have some mirror tiles on hand or a mirror that we would be willing to break. Oh boy, that sounds fun!
So, I am also going to be working on chore cards for Parker. I found these clear plastic name badge holders at the dollar store and I am going to decorate cards to go inside of them. Each card will have pictures indication what chore needs to be done. After the cards are in the clear plastic holders, I am going to punch holes in each one and put them on a binder ring. There will be a set for in the morning and a set for night. I often find myself having to remind him to brush his hair or his teeth. This will eliminate that. Plus it gives me an excuse to get crafty so it is a win win.
I am in shock that it is already September. Our two year anniversary is coming up in two weeks. Man, has it really been that long? 2 years went by fast.
I am so excited that Fall is almost here. I love the fall so very much. Everyone seems to love summer and I cannot stand it. I hate heat, I hate getting sweaty, I don't like to swim or go to the beach, I sunburn really easily, I'm a real Debbie Downer from May to October. There is nothing I look forward to more than cool air, sweaters, and turtlenecks. I really want to take Parker to an apple orchard this year. Maybe I can talk some friends into going with us. Angie might want to take Patrick- that boy is gearing up for a whole slew of firsts. First Halloween, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas...... Oh what a fun stage. So exciting to think about.
Have a great day guys..... tell someone you love them.

0 comments: