Thursday, September 25, 2008

I got gas and other fun stuff

Run for the hills......There are crazy people in the streets looking for gas. I heard there's a chili cookoff this weekend, maybe they should all head that way, heh heh. Bad joke.
Seriously though, when radio stations are having people call in and tell them when they see a station that has gas, we have a serious problem. I really almost saw two grown women beat each other up at the Quiktrip the other day. What kind of craziness is going on? Don't worry, I'm not about to get on a tangent about the gas shortages and the state of our economy. I do not have enough knowledge to launch into a full fledged rant. All I am saying is that I would like to simply pull into a gas station, put gas in my car and pull out when I finish up. I do not wish to fear for my life when doing so and I do not wish to sit and wait for 30 minutes to an hour to do so either. Is that too much to ask?

In happy news, I have a lot of fun scrappy stuff to do this weekend. I have two polka dot whimsy kits to work on:
And I also have to finish up a project from my Cupcakes and Coffee class. The mirror album is so stinkin cute. It was a ton of fun smashing up a mirror the other night and then making the mosaic out of the pieces. It was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.



In other exciting news..... My inlaws are coming to town this weekend. I think I am one of the luckiest girls on the planet because I love my inlaws to death. They are two of the sweetest people I have ever met. I get excited every time I know they are coming down. We haven't seen them since May, so we are overdue for a visit. They are coming to Parker's soccer game on Saturday and then we are all going to Caroline's game on Sunday. We are one soccer playing family. Yippee!! Secretly I am hoping that, at some point during the weekend, we go to our "usual" restaurant SmokeJack.

I have a dr's appt this afternoon. I am thinking that there may be an inner ear problem. If it isn't that then I am getting scared. No one can figure this out. Augh! I just want to be normal again. Being in pain for a month makes Amy a not-so-fun girl. Plus, my tummy is probably not too happy about all the pain meds I have been taking.

Well, have a happy day and remember to smile when you answer the phone. People can tell if you do. :)

0 comments: